Just Take the Time of Carefully Looking, Reading and Following the Detailed Instructions and Commands Contained in this Guide.
You need to know that the VMWare Tools Installed and Working will Grant you a Much More Pleasant Journey with FreeBSD 9 on VMWare...
With the VMWare Tools Installed you will Easily Resize your Virtual Screen and Switch between Guest and Host OS.
- Start the VMWare Tools Installation:
Virtual Machine >> Install VMWare ToolsBefore to Start the Installation you Need to have the CDRom Unmounted... If Not the Window Containing the Tools will Not Pop-Up.
If you Need to Unmount/Eject the CDRom go to Places, Open a Window and Eject the CDRom.
- If is a First Time Install you will Need to Wait until Automatic Tools Download:
- Open a Terminal Window
Install Kernel Extension and Compile Custom Kernel:FreeBSD 9 Kernel Tutorials
- Reboot to Load the Custom Kernel!
- Under VMWare Connect the Virtual DVD Containing the Iso Image of the VMWare Toools
- To Rend it Disposable you Need to Mount the Iso Image as Virtual CD
mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0 /cdrom
The Extraction Section is Performed on a FreeBSD Desktop and if you have a Server you Need to Extract by Commands...
- Open a File Manager Window(here is the KDE Dolphin) and Double Click "cdrom0":
- Double-Click on the VMWare Tools Box:
- Choose Location to Extract the Tools:
- Extract the Tools:
- Access the Directory Containing the Tools
- Start the VMWare Tools Installation
./vmware-install.plFollow to Accept All the Proposed Default Setting Until Achievement.
- Finally to Enable VMWare Tools without Logout